Sunday, May 18, 2014

Sunday Stash: Lots of Dots

One of the quilty goals I set for myself last year was to quit relying on fabric collections for all of my quilts.  I didn''t really get anywhere with that goal simply because I ran out of time.  The first half of this year has been pretty much an epic fail as far as quilting goes; so this has been bumped to a goal for the second half of this year, excluding existing and already planned projects.

We all know that I've got no intention of not buying must have collections (especially anything by AMH, Denyse Schmidt, Tula, Zen Chic....), Anyone who reads my blog knows that A.) I'm a total fabric junkie and B.) I've got serious impulse control issues!  Its just that I've started purchasing more single cuts and collections of blenders and basics.  

So now, on to the fabric!

First up, these two colorful bundles I bought awhile back when Westwood Acres was having a sale.  


Shout out to Amanda and the WA team for always packaging and presenting their bundles so well.  I'm loving how they're tying up their bundles with those little matching fabric "ribbons", by the way!

Honeycomb Dots by Riley Blake

Squared Elements by Art Gallery Fabrics

Next, I've got some more Riley Blake to share. 


I'm seriously crushing on all things dotty and these two collections are no exception!

Tone on Tone Small Dots

Le Creme Basics Small Cream Dots

I'm planning on using some of the blacks and grays from all four of these in an upcoming project scheduled to be started after we move this summer.  Have you picked up a copy of Thomas Knauer's Modern Quilt Perspectives yet?  I enjoy his blog and when I found out about this book, I had to have it.  I still haven't sat down and read it cover to cover yet, so I can't give you a true review; however, what I have read has been fantastic.  Anyway, I'm planning on using one of the designs for wedding quilt I'll be making for a couple of very special people.  I'll be changing up the colors, but that's about it.  I won't say more for fear of spoiling the surprise (some friends and family have actually started reading this blog!), but if you've seen the book you can probably guess pretty easily which one I'm thinking of.  The only reason I risked mentioning it at all is because I have a few weddings later this year so no one will be able to determine which one I'm referring to.  :)

Lastly, I'm excited to announce that I will be hosting TGIFF this week, on May 23!  


I'll be sharing the finished quilt from one of my favorite projects of 2013  The top was completed in a QAL hosted by one of my favorite bloggers, but for some reason I never got around to quilting it. You'll just have to stop by next week to see which one I'm talking about.  Also, there's a giveaway involved!  And that's all I'm going to say about that. ;)

I do hope you'll link up and share a recent finish.  I can't wait to see what everyone's been up to!


Linking up with the fabulous Molli Sparkles for Sunday Stash
Molli Sparkles

7 comments:

  1. Those tone-on-tone polka dots are killing me. (In a good way.) Man, I love polka dots. Seriously awesome! But you really have quite a bit of goodness here!

    And now I *really* have to get in gear and finish binding the quilt I'm working on so I can join you for TGIFF! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally with you on the dots...they make me so...HAPPY! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm terrible at stashing "good blenders" - instead I hoard large florals (and small florals ha). Oh well! Good for you for trying to get a more versatile stash :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great additions! I love squared elements!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blenders are wonderful- esp she they are dotty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the tone on tone dots. :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving all of the dots fabric. There are going to come in handy all the time!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! Your comments make my day! I respond individually whenever possible; but if someone asks a question pertaining to something in my blog post, I will do my best to answer in the comments so everyone can see. Thanks again!