Wednesday, December 11, 2013

WIP Wednesday 12/11/13

I finished my Riley Blake Challenge quilt top for The Modern Quilt Guild.  I hadn't planned to start piecing the top until after the first of the year, but then there was a shipping delay in the fabric I needed to continue with my step-mother's Christmas quilt; and since I didn't have enough batting to baste the diamond ring quilt, I went ahead and got a jump start on the RBC quilt.


The pattern is by fellow MQG member Kristy Daum.  It's her Modernized D9P and the tutorial can be found on her blog, St. Louis Folk Victiorian.  I have to admit, I zoned out while I was cutting and botched a couple of the blocks, so I added in three squares of solid white to make up for the missing blocks.  Sadly, this top is going back in it's plastic container to wait it's turn, which will probably be after the first of the year..unless I have a burst of mad productivity.  I still need to order the backing fabric and enough batting for at least three quilts.  I had originally thought I would back it in Riley Blake grey stripes; however, now I'm thinking I might buy a Riley Blake print that's not in the top, but coordinates.  IDK...I've got time, though.



These are the beginnings of the blocks for my step-mother's Christmas quilt.  And let me just say...Aspen Frost = love.  I am so in love with this collection and wish I had purchased more.  I got the pattern  at the Moda Bake Shop.  It's Geese in the Park by KarrieLyne @ Freckled Whimsy.  The only change I'm making to the pattern is I'm omitting the outer border and may or may not include the inner border...if I do, it will be in the same fabric as the rest of the white in the top, the Ice Queen Covered Lashes.  I think the borders look great on KarrieLyne's quilt, I'm just not a border person...but that's just me.  I've got to get this finished ASAP..but thanks to more cutting boo boos, I had to order more of the Covered Lashes. Hmmm...maybe I ought to turn off Netflix while I'm cutting...

So, what have you been working on this week?

Linking up with Lee @ Freshly Pieced
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced


7 comments:

  1. Your Riley Blake top looks great. I'm still staring at my stack of fabric, trying to force it to inspire me somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh I like the way you used your challenge fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is going to look fantastic quilted. I'll be checking back to see :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving the RBC quilt. I hope you go to town with quilting in the negative space, LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the pattern you chose for the challenge. It looks great! How are you planning to quilt it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the D9P, such a modern take and with those fabrics it's so striking!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WooHoo!! I love seeing my design being used. Your top looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! Your comments make my day! I respond individually whenever possible; but if someone asks a question pertaining to something in my blog post, I will do my best to answer in the comments so everyone can see. Thanks again!