Last week was a big ol’ bust for me. We spent a couple of days in Virginia with my in-laws which was great- but it definitely but a damper in my sewing time for the week. We also celebrated our fifth anniversary last week, with a hot date at the local Home Depot ordering doors and picking out paint samples. Before you start thinking "wow, her husband has no clue" - it was my idea! I've been lobbying for new doors for ages and finally convinced Hubs it was worth the expense and would add value to the house - which we're planning to put on the market next year.
Also, the fact that my sewing room looks like a tornado blew through it isn’t helping either. I'm too embarrassed to share a picture of that disaster area right now.
While I did manage to get one block for the Ampersand quilt and one more F Word block pieced, I spent most of the week knitting and cross stitching.
|Block 1 of 9 for the Ampersand Quilt|
|Happy Halloween Cross Stitch- |
at this rate I might just finish by Halloween....
This week’s list:
- - Finish the Season of the Witches pillow and send it
- - Piece the second of last week’s F Word blocks
- - Piece another Ampersand block, pattern by Thomas Knauer from his book Modern Quilt Perspectives
- - Continue with the Happy Halloween cross stitch, pattern by Jody Rice from Satsuma Street
- - Decide just how long I want the red scarf I’m knitting to be and either keep on going or finish and block it
- - Straighten up my sewing space and (maybe) paint swatches on the walls
| Our first choice for painting the house a "sell ready" color!|
Hopefully it works.
I'm linking up with Christine @ Stitch ALL The Things and so should you!